The Lux Void   +  model

Happy Easter Friday Everyone!

MAD MAN

I like Easter: not only is it an excuse for chocolate (pfft, didn't need one) it also represents mid-semester break and public holidays. Cue barbecues, wine, and baking. I'm no baking queen (savoury? another story) but it's pretty special being able to spend time in the kitchen with the people I love, and end up eating sugar. Somehow my dessert stomach always finds room for more cake even after mass bowl-licking.

After one roommate made fish pie (it is Easter Friday) my roommate Emily made the most delicious freckle cookies. What is a freckle cookie you ask? Well it's a double cocoa cookie, coated in dark chocolate, and a healthy sprinkling of hundreds and thousands. Do I have diabetes? Probably. And what did I make? Carrot pudding cake. It claims to be cake, but it's really some kind of cream-cheese-icing love child of a cake and pudding. My boyfriend got the recipe off one of his coworkers (he says it was for him to cook - ha! I know better).

Not only is it delicious but it's so easy

None of this "beat one egg for 16 minutes then add 1 drop of lemon juice every 20 minutes": You put everything in a bowl. You mix it. You bake it. You ice it. You eat it. Because I can't send a piece to all of my online friends (I most certainly would if I could, I have serious over-caked-condition) I thought I'd send you the recipe instead.

One thing you will soon learn about me is that I love dress up parties

Seriously, if you're having one please invite me - I pinky promise I'll dress for the occasion! And not in that skanky lingerie I-look-like-a-Victoria's-Secret-Model way. So you can imagine how excited I was to receive an invite this morning to a dress up party! A mad men cocktail dress up party to be exact.

It's going to be hard creatively with my outfit as I'm expecting a sea of circle skirts and suits (what a dream!). But I figure hey, if I'm going to make something I might as well do it proper and I like to go against the crowd.

I was waiting for someone to help me take photos so I could pop on some make-up and go somewhere exciting, but you see my house is full of poor uni students and we're all in exams at the moment- which means no fun photo shoots. One day I'll be rich and famous and those chicks from NZ's next top model can model my clothes.

Well I just finished an exam (go me!), the sun is shining, and I figured it was time to take some pictures of myself with the self timer in the front garden. Cue strange looks from the neighbours.