The Lux Void   +  Luxury

buzz-buzz-buzz
It's been a crazy year and it's not even April yet. One of my many new year's resolutions was to get more involved in fashion. Yea, I know, that is kind of a broad statement. What exactly does "get more involved" mean? And what exactly does "fashion" mean? Should I study up, read more relevant books and articles? Or attend more events, start local and grow from there? Or pick up, move to New York, live in a box, and sell my soul to work as an unpaid intern for a magazine? The thought did cross my mind.

In the overall sense the goal stemmed from the fact that fashion is something that I've come to love over the past years. Like any girl, I love a Lanvin dress, but it's become more that that. Fashion, more so designers, have sparked a drive for more knowledge and understanding. Aside from who made what, why did they make it, where did their inspiration come from, who inspired the person that inspired the designer, how are the social, political, economic, personal factors impacting designers that design the clothes we wear. Open my brain and it is like a sociology class is relation to fashion. I could go on...

That being said, I've been busy like a bee. I've got two weeks left at my current job and then I am making a career switch. I can feel the fear rising up in my stomach when I type "career switch". But I am. I'm leaving my safe and secure marketing job to go work as a Web and Inventory Manager at Totokaelo. Deep breath. No, I don't believe this will be my career for the next 20 years, but in the long run, I believe the experience will serve as a jumping off point for what ever my future becomes.

Deep breath. There is a lot going on, a lot more things to share. And for now I might just pee my pants in anxiety and excitement.

photo source