The Lux Void   +  Luxury

Getting Married
the early days

I am getting married on Monday. To be honest, the only thing I can think to say is Holy Crap.

TJ and I first met in a coffee shop. Actually we saw each other around at a bar in town but finally talked to each other in a coffee shop. I had just broken up with a nasty boyfriend and went to the coffee shop to enjoy my new freedom. TJ walked in, just off of tour with his band. The coffee shop was packed and I offered him a seat at the table I was sitting at. He took me up on the offer and sat with me. He talked for seriously, not kidding here, 3 1/2 hours. I think I said two sentences the whole time. The first sentence out of his mouth was, "I am going to be a millionaire." His head was so big from coming off tour, it was rather annoying. But he was cute, so I listened.

He got up after talking forever, and said he was going to go to a local dance night at the bar. He told me I should go and then he left. If he is coming off rather arrogant, he was. But I went.The photo above is from that night, February 15, 2005. He moved in 4 days later, we graduate college and moved to Seattle 4 months later, moved back to California 8 months after that, and back to Seattle 1 year after California. And we've been in Seattle for 1 year and 6 months after that. In total, it has been about 3 1/2 years and a lot of moving.

I've seen his band break-up, we've worked that crappiest jobs, been broke as hell, stollen toliet paper from the bar because we had no money. We've been together through my dad dying last February, through my grandfather dying this past January. We've nearly killed each other, and had the best times of our lives together. And I think I can say, we've finally arrived.In all honesty, we did everything backwards, totally wrong, my mother should have killed me when she found out we were living together after 4 days. But who cares. He's my best friend, my baseball, shopping, eating, sleeping, everything best friend. In 3 days he's going to be my husband (and I hate saying husband, it sounds weird and old). But I love him, and I'm glad he's going to be around for the rest of my life.

So I'll be back next Tuesday with photos to share. Enjoy the weekend. I sure am.