The Lux Void   +  wear

I'm Taking the Plunge!

White dresses

It seems I've been on a Cynthia Rowley kick lately. I'm just glad Simplicity is coming out with some fantastic patterns lately. I can remember a few years back where I wouldn't buy anything at the dollar pattern sales, wishing for some hipper clothes. This pattern has been in my stash for a while. I always assumed I would make the short version of it, but I'm glad I've expanded my horizon a bit. I'm using an old 1970s bedsheet that I picked up at the thrift store for a $1.99. I'm using a zipper from a bulk sale I got on ebay quite a while ago that ended up being .70 a zipper. So in all this dress is costing me less than $5.

As I was clearing out my room I found one of my vintage pieces from the late 1960s set aside and pinned to be hemmed at knee length. I don't even remember doing it but it's only recently I even played with the idea of a maxi dress. Okay, get ready, I use to hate maxi dresses. They reminded me of the long gathered nightgowns grannies wear. It does nothing for the figure and makes the wearer look like a giant potato sack. So you can see why before I might have pinned this to be hemmed knee length.

However, I might have had a change of heart

Long isn't as bad as I thought. The style of this particular dress chic and when I need a little pop of color I can just jump into this ensemble. It feel very casual while still being vintage. When I go to classes in vintage people think I'm going out special right after class, as the days of dressing up are long gone and going to class in a pair of Sponge-Bob Square-Pants pajamas are the norm.

I have to work, but I'd rather spent it going to Split Rock like I did last year during the heat wave. I don't have a lot of summer tops, I usually wear dresses for hot, humid days like these. So I set off in the attempt of finding some tops I could wear at the thrift store, but alas, I could find none that really went well with my style and wardrobe. Then it hit me, let me recycle a men's button-up shirt into a nice top! I think it worked out very well. I had to go with a darker color since I needed long sleeves for the additional fabric, there was not a lot of light colors options in long sleeve shirts at the thrift store.